General terms and conditions
- Unless otherwise agreed in writing by a principal of The Neon Company (part of LED visuals B.V.) “the Company” the terms and conditions set out below shall apply to all contracts entered into by the Company to the exclusion of all other terms and conditions.
- “the Customer” means the person, firm or company ordering the goods and/or services.
2) INFORMATION ABOUT THE COMPANY
- The Company, The Neon Company, is registered in the Netherlands under Company Number 68026331, with its registered Spadesteek 12, 4131 MB Vianen, The Netherlands.
- The Company’s trading address is Spadesteek 12, 4131 MB Vianen, Utrecht in the Netherlands.
- The Company can be contacted in writing at its trading address, by telephone on +31 (0) 347 345032, or by email at ‘email@example.com.
a. Illustrations and data in catalogues, brochures, price lists and advertising matter are only an indication of the type of goods offered and no prices or other particulars contained therein shall constitute an offer made by the Company.
- Colours on printed material provided by the Company, or on the Company website, are shown as a guideline for illustrative purposes only, and are not an exact representation of the final colour of any product which may be ordered by the Customer.
- While the Company endeavours to be as accurate as possible, sizes, weights, cut in parts, capacities, dimensions and measurements indicated on printed material provided by the Company or on the Company’s website are subject to variation.
- The Customer warrants that he has not relied upon the skill or judgement of the Company in the selection of the goods or as to their fitness for any particular purpose.
Any of the Company’s specifications, plans, drawings, know-how and other confidential information whether of a technical or commercial nature which may be passed to or come into the possession of the Customer shall not be used by the Customer other than for the purpose of the contract and shall not be disclosed to any other person, firm or company whatsoever. All specifications, plans, drawings, documents, descriptions and other information submitted by the Company shall remain the Company’s property together with the copyright therein.
a. Any price quoted is firm only for 30 days from the date of quotation or the date withdrawn by the Company if earlier.
- The Company may revise its price lists from time to time without notice.
- Prices quoted by the Company are inclusive of delivery charges, but exclusive of the import duties of each country.
- The Company delivers worldwide.
- An estimated delivery date will be provided by the Company prior to an order being placed.
- Delivery dates given by the Company are as accurate as possible but are not guaranteed and the Company shall not be held liable for any loss or damage howsoever arising as a result of any delay. Time for delivery or performance is not of the essence.
- Any loss or damage in transit or any shortage must be notified to the Company within 48 hours of physical delivery of the goods being taken by the Customer or a third party named by the Customer for that purpose.
- The Company’s liability in respect of goods lost or damaged in transit is limited to the repair or at its discretion replacement of the goods provided that the Customer returns the goods to the Company’s premises within 30 days of the loss or damage being notified.
- Should goods ordered by the Customer fail to arrive, the Customer must notify the Company of the same within 48 hours of the estimated delivery date provided by the Company on its Order Confirmation Form.
- Where goods are collected by or on behalf of the Customer this will constitute delivery to the Customer.
7) PAYMENT TERMS
a. By customers without an account and reseller contract, orders must be paid before production, unless other payment terms have been agreed with the Company. This applies to all webshop orders. For all offers approved by the customer, will be put into production immediately after written agreement. We then request the customer to arrange payment within 7 days.
- Unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Company before an order is placed, payment shall be made via PayPal, iDeal, bank transfer, debit or credit card, or via BACS transfer to an account maintained by the Company and shared with the Customer.
- For reseller accounts, full payment is due within 30 days of the invoice date and time of payment is of the essence.
- In the event of non-payment by the due date, the Customer shall, if required by the Company and without prejudice to any other right or remedy of the Company, pay a surcharge of 2% of the value of the order in respect of the outstanding balance.
- Approved quotations will be put into production immediately upon approval, with a payment period of 7 days.
8) FORMATION OF CONTRACT
a). Requesting a quotation via the website, is completely free of charge and without obligation. The Customer will place an order for goods to be delivered by the Company by telephone or e-mail, or by using digital acceptance of our Cloud quotation. Upon receipt of an order or accepted quotation, the Company will prepare a digital invoice and initiate production of the products. The Company will send the customer estimated delivery dates and any information on the progress of the production and delivery process.
- The order shall be deemed to have been placed, and the contract between the Company and the Customer shall be formed, upon receipt by the Company of an Order Confirmation Form signed by the Customer.
a. All goods remain the property of the Company until paid for in full.
- In the event that the Customer is the subject of insolvency proceedings (including for the purposes of these terms Administration, Liquidation, Bankruptcy, or a Company or Personal Voluntary Arrangement then the Customer’s right to possession of the goods shall terminate immediately and the Customer shall have no right to retain possession of any of the Company’s goods, and the Company may terminate the contract immediately.
- Except in respect of any undisputed credit or payment due and owed by the Company to the Customer, the Customer shall pay all amounts due to the Company in full without any deduction or withholding other than as required by law and the Customer shall not be entitled to set off or counterclaim against the Company in order to justify withholding payment of any such in whole or in part.
10) CANCELLATION – BUSINESS CUSTOMERS
a. The Company reserves the right to refuse cancellation of orders placed by the Customer and will refuse to accept any goods returned to the Company without prior permission.
- In respect of any goods returned to the Company with its permission or the cancellation of any order which is accepted at the sole discretion of the Company the Customer shall be responsible for the original cost of transport to the Customer’s premises, the cost of the removal of the goods and return transport, and the value of any materials used or work done by the Company prior to the date of cancellation.
- Cancellation of the order will only be effective when confirmed by the Company in writing.
11) CANCELLATION – CONSUMER CUSTOMERS
- customized products can not be cancelled by the customer, only when confirmed by the Company.
- Unless the goods supplied by the Company are faulty or not as described, the Customer shall be responsible for the cost of returning goods to the Company in good and saleable condition. Due to the fragile nature of the goods, goods must be returned in the original packaging, or packaging which is of suitable quality and which is to be approved by the Company prior to the goods being returned to the Company by the Customer.
- Goods returned to the Company by the Customer under this clause shall remain at the Customer’s risk until the Company acknowledges receipt of the returned goods, being in a good and saleable condition. Due to the fragile nature of the goods, the Company recommends that goods returned to the Company by the Customer should be insured for the full purchase price of the goods, at the Customer’s expense.
- Paragraphs 11a. to 11g. do not apply in the case of any goods which have been made to the Customer’s specification or have been personalised for the Customer. In the case of such goods, the Customer has no right to cancel any agreement entered into with the Company.
12) LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
a. Where goods are supplied in tamper evident cases the Company can accept no liability for any damage to the goods or injury to any persons if the case has been opened or attempted to be opened.
- Where the Company has recommended that a product is installed by an experienced neon sign installer, the Company can accept no liability for any damage, loss, cost, expense or injury caused as a result of installation otherwise than in accordance with the Company’s recommendation.
- Without prejudice to condition 5 (c) above the Company’s maximum liability for breach of contract, misrepresentation, misstatement or other tortuous act or omission including negligence arising under or in connection with the contract shall so far as be permitted by law be limited to the price paid to the Company under the contract.
- The Company shall not be liable for any loss of profit and/or loss of business and/or depletion of goodwill and/or consequential loss suffered by any person and/or costs or expenses which arise out of or in connection with any contract with the Company.
All goods supplied by the Company are supplied with the benefit of a limited 12 month guarantee. The terms of this guarantee may be found at pages 6 to 7 of the manual enclosed with the goods supplied to the Customer. The terms and conditions of the said guarantee shall have the force of terms and conditions in this agreement.